Turmeric is known to be one of the most potent herbs for healing. It benefits bones and joints and also has anti-inflammatory qualities. It is also known to alleviate metastases from happening in some cancers. Turmeric is also great for detox, aiding the liver and kidney at cleansing, and it boosts metabolism and helps in weight management. It has also been known to aid psoriasis, damaged skin, depression, arthritis and many more conditions. Turmeric is revered both in Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine. Here’s how to make Turmeric Juice
- raw honey
- 2 lemons
- 5-7 inches turmeric
- 5-7 tamarind
And you will also need the following: blender, strainer, bowl and mason jar(s) or other glass jar with lid.Peel the turmeric and cut into 3-inch sections. (Regular soap and water will remove the yellow color from your hands and work surface.)
- Bring water to a boil and drop in the turmeric, boiling until the water is a bright gold color–at least 20 minutes.
- While the turmeric boils, open the tamarind pods and scrape out the pulp and seeds inside into a small pan. Pour in about an inch of water and heat on medium, mixing with a wooden utensil until pulp dissolves into jam-like consistency. When the right texture is achieved, removed from heat and allow to cool.
- Once the turmeric water is the right color, remove from heat and pour in a little cold water to stop it from boiling. Pour the water and turmeric into a blender and puree. The color should now be a bright fiery marigold.
- When the tamarind is ready, pour it into a glass bowl through a strainer to remove the pods and seeds–you only want the pulp. Place tamarind into the blender with the turmeric. Puree to blend.
- Squeeze the lemons into the blender and mix one more time.
- Pour the tea into a large glass jar(s), add honey to taste, then close the jar tightly and shake to mix.
- Juice can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Shake before enjoying.
To your health!